The Top 7 Online Dating Mistakes Guys Make and how to fix them!
For most guys setting up an Online Dating Profile is hard. They don’t know where to start, which pictures to upload, or even which apps to start use. Here is a simple 7 step guide to help you set up an awesome Online Dating Profile, where I break down the biggest mistakes that thousands of my previous students have made.
1. Online dating is not a replacement for real life interactions!
Your social skills won’t just magically appear when you are on an Online Dating date! If you want to have a great date, not get ghosted after your 1st date, and end up with a girlfriend, you need to practice your social skills! Approaching women you are attracted to during the day, at the grocery store at the gym, at the coffee shop, etc, just being able to make small talk with strangers, learning and practicing how to be social and comfortable in new environments = ALL will make your online dating interactions much more successful!
2. Which Online Dating sites should I use?
- Social media is just that, it isn’t a dating app. Trying to “slide into her DMs” isn’t the best tactic or use of your time. Once you level up and have a great social media profile go for it, but I still don’t really recommend. Women on legit dating apps are there FOR GUYS TO HIT ON THEM!
- FREE Online Dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, Coffee Meets Bagel, Hinge are best, but try them all! I like to “split test” different profile angles to see which has the most success, then when I have a solid profile, make them all the same.
- PAID apps may be a good place to try after you have leveled up and are looking for a more serious relationship, and if you are an older guy looking for online dating connection. I never spent any $ on them.
3. Learn about the enemy.
- 1st off the enemy is not the women on the sites, they are the other men, your competition! When setting up a new account, or setting up a test account, do a quick scan to see what you are up against.
- Look at the pics they are using, do yours even come close?
- Change your settings back to looking for women!!
4. Use DHV pics
- Which pictures should I use for my Online Dating Profile? Simple, you DHV pics! = DHV stands for Demonstrates Higher Value
- “A picture is worth 1000 words”
- A low quality selfie of you sitting in your minivan, forcing a smile (that looks like you also may be shitting your pants) isn’t a DHV, that is a DLV pic!
- Multiple, quality, clear, pics that make you look cool, living a cool life, doing cool things, and like you are having fun.
- No shirtless pics, unless you are doing something like surfing or jet skiing.
- No selfies.
- Less is more, you don’t have to upload all the pics as you can, but use more than 2.
- “Bro pics” drinking at the bar holding a beer bottle are lame.
- Group pics are ok, but only for 1-2 and make sure you look good in them! Don’t post a group pic, with lots of other dudes who are all better looking and cooler than you!
- No gun pics -against the rules on many online dating sites and makes you look like a crazy gun guy!
5. Bio/About me
- Doesn’t just state what the pictures show.
- Convey personality, downplay DHVs. A little “cocky funny” energy works well here.
- Less is more, don’t write a book. A few quick lines works better than multiple paragraphs.
- I loved to end my Online Dating Profile with a “Please Do Not Message Me” list. Disqualify a few groups/archetypes. Make it funny/playful/or mysterious!
- Watch out for women who try to deceive you with their Online Dating profile pics by using odd angles!
- Swipe left on heavily filtered/touched up pics.
- Oddly cropped pics are usually a red flag, look at the other pics to see if they are trying to hide something!
- Don’t swipe right on every woman you see! Hinge, Bumble, and all the other Online Dating apps have algorithms that will know what you are doing. Be at least a little picky!
- Don’t spend all day swiping, do a little in the morning, a little at night, and a little when on the can.
- Don’t spend any money on the apps to get boosts, until your page is dialed in and you know it works. Then a boost every once in a while might be a good idea. I only did 2x ever, and it was mostly to test. Otherwise it isn’t needed.
What is next?
- Messaging = What to say, how long should they be, how ofter?
- Number closing = Getting her off the app ASAP is your goal, how to accomplish that so other guys don’t message her while you 2 are talking?
- Phone/text game = You got her off the app, now what?? Build a connection and lock down that date
- DHV dates = How to plan dates that don’t suck.
- Building a sexual connection = When to go for the kiss, how to know if she is comfortable and wants you to put the moves on her, and how to give her an experience that makes her girlfriends jealous!
- All of that, and more is just some of the things I teach to my students. If you need more help you have 2 options below, check out my coaching program and start getting direct help today.
Or sign up for my free email list, which will send you FREE training vids and recordings that have helped countless others already.